Saturday, January 2, 2010

"He went out, not knowing whither he went." Heb 11:8

I opened up my devotional today, and there I read Hebews 11:8. Beautiful.
What am I going to do abroad? My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers, is what I am reading and it says, "You do not know what you're going to do; the only thing you know is that God knows what He is doing." Gosh, so encouraging. There is so much I have no idea about. My prayer today is that I go out for Him with a continual dependence upon Him.
Before I left Knoxvegas, mama came down to help me move out and I met up with Mr. Joe Wasmond. I was not suppose to meet up with him that day, my mom was not supposed to be with me, but as many times before, the Lord wanted to show me a little somethin about Him. So, we met up with Joe and his wife Kathy to give them some items that The Cross leadership team, a Greek Christian ministry I am involved with at UT, had gathered. So, Mr. Wasmond greets me with a hug and begins to tell me of future outreach opportunties for the upcoming year. I tell him that Iwill forward the info on, but that I will be abroad. Well then, he tells me that he and his wife have lived in Africa for mnay years and that Ghana is a very safe and stable country, the EXACT words that my mom needed to hear. So, then I summon my mom over, and Joe and Kathy tell us that they would love to pray for us. Wow. Picture this. We are all standing hand in hand in the middle of the P.F. Chang restaurant's parking lot praying. The exact meeting that we needed to have. And that is our God; greater than coincidence, greater than fate.. beyond perfect timing.
When I think about stepping on the plane I get butterflies! Gossshhhh, I cannot wait.
Also, just wanted to do a little shout out to my incredibly supportive mom, dad and brother. Thank you for loving me, even when it's hard. And my friends. I praise the Lord evermore that He has been so gracious in blessing me with you. When I am hurting, questioning, I look at you and I am reassured of His love. Thank you for being you. Know how much I love you, wherever I am, wherever you are. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love how God works in mysterious ways. Miss you much already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i just tell you that this post was EXACTLY what i needed today? like creepy exactly. im sitting here on my dorm room floor beginning to stalk you because i miss you and i read your post and i literally threw my arms in the air and laughed. because i can't believe how much i needed that. and can't believe that i serve a God who is ridiculously cool and creative and perfect and who is jealous for me. ohhhh kels. what i would give to talk to you face to face right now. you are an encouragement to me. and i love you greatly.
    -allison

    ReplyDelete